Unfortunately, Jessica Laney of Hudson, Florida committed suicide in 2012 after she was "pushed to the point where she couldn't take it anymore." It all started on ask.fm which is a social media site where people can ask other users anonymous questions which usually become an invasion of privacy situation. Her home life was already a dreadful mess where she said that she lost a relationship with her brother and her father. After many people commented things like "you should kill yourself already" and "nobody cares about you anyway", she decided to hang herself on a cold Sunday night. Laney was 16 and died of a "broken heart" due to absurd comments on social networking sites.
Even though the I believe the government should take legal action in finding out who the anonymous people are, I do know that it may not be the easiest task. I also believe that if the "anonymous cyber bullies" were to be tracked down, they should be sentenced to at least five years in prison.
Even though the I believe the government should take legal action in finding out who the anonymous people are, I do know that it may not be the easiest task. I also believe that if the "anonymous cyber bullies" were to be tracked down, they should be sentenced to at least five years in prison.
No comments:
Post a Comment