One of the biggest internet sensations from Super Bowl night
was a commercial by Jamie Casino. Just in case you haven’t seen the commercial,
it portrays him as a criminal justice that has turned into a personal injury
after his brother-in-law was killed. He used the death of his brother-in-law to
promote his new image as a media advertisement.
Personally, I feel like his idea was brilliant, but the way
Casino went about it was wrong. I would never use the death of anybody in my
family as a media stunt in order to establish new clients. It is not ethical to
use a person’s death as a media stunt, especially if they have no way of giving
him permission.
However, I do feel like his idea was a good pitch. I can see
that Casino needed something to help promote his name and change his image. He
was trying to turn into an angel from the devil in a matter of two minutes. If
he was brilliant enough to think of this commercial, then I certainly believe
that he is able to think of another media pitch that will put him in the light
better than what his current commercial did.
I am more surprised that his commercial got so many views in
a local community than any other local commercial has ever done. The amount of
people that viewed means that they were interested in his current tactics and lifestyle.
Through the help of his locals, he gained nationwide popularity over night.
No comments:
Post a Comment